Last Updated on
Try this gluten-free and vegan soup that has all the flavors of minestrone! The best part it is cooked in your slow cooker! While you’re busy getting on with your day, this slow cooker vegetable minestrone soup can be cooking in your crock pot!
Do you have any friends that you’ve met on the internet? Being a food blogger is kind of weird in that respect. Some of my closest friends are people who I’ve met on the internet. In fact, some of them I’ve never met in real life but I still consider them some of the people closest to me. It sounds kind of weird, but not, I promise.
Well anyways, my blogger BFF, BreAnna (check out her blog at Crafty Coin), and I met over a year ago on Instagram over a post on using leftover corn tortillas to make tortilla chips. As soon as we realized we lived in the same city we were immediate friends.
Case in point why this is not weird.. if I met you at a bar and you told me you saved leftover corn tortillas to make tortilla chips.. we’d totally be friends.
Anyways, BreAnna and I got together the other week for a nice little blogger day. We took some pictures in my alley for her post on frugal fashion in which one of the residents in the high rise next to me yelled to us to make sure we didn’t forget to take a picture of her shoes. Don’t worry bro, we didn’t.
We talked about our bloggy things and of course, made our first recipe video together! We made this fabulous slow cooker vegetable minestrone soup. While it’s not technically minestrone since we used lentils instead of pasta, all the flavors are there so we’re just going to stick with that name.
Making this video was so so fun and the soup turned out great! I swear I think we giggled for 10 hours straight. If only you could hear the track of us laughing and talking throughout this entire video instead of the awesome song we chose… you’d 1) think we’re crazy and 2) want to make videos with us.
Slow cooker vegetable minestrone soup is so easy to make and is a great meal for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. The lentils and vegetables are so hearty that I promise you won’t miss the meat in this recipe.
I love how customizable it is.. we used a lot of vegetables I already had on hand in my refrigerator. In fact, we almost called this soup “Everything but the kitchen sink soup” or “Garbage soup”… but quickly rethought that idea for obvious reasons.
Enjoy this gluten-free slow cooker vegetable minestrone soup and our video!
More Gluten-Free Soups and Stews You’ll Love!
- Turmeric Carrot Soup
- Sausage Kale and Lentil Soup
- Beer Cheese Brat Soup
- Chicken Sausage and Lentil Soup
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Beef Stew
- Apple Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker Vegetable Minestrone Soup
- 2 cups onion diced (about 1 large onion)
- 3/4 cup celery diced (about 2 celery stalks)
- 1 cup carrots cut into coins (about 4 carrots)
- 2 cups zucchini diced (about 1 large zucchini)
- 1 cup green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 15 oz garbanzo beans canned, drained
- 2 cups lentils
- 28 oz diced tomatoes canned
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley for serving
- Preheat crockpot. Add onions, celery, carrot, zucchini, garbanzo beans, lentils, vegetable broth, pepper, salt and oregano to the crock pot. Mix to combine.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- With about 2 hours left, add in the spinach.
- Continue to cook until lentils are tender.
- Serve with fresh parsley.