How is it the middle of May already? Has this month (and year for that matter) not flown by in the blink of an eye? Time seems to be moving so fast, or there’s just not enough hours in the day or something.
I don’t know about you, but when life gets a little crazy and time seems to be escaping me, it’s easy to fall out of your eating habits. Some weeks I eat out more than I want to, or I don’t get enough vegetables, or I don’t even enjoy what I eat. That’s when I just need to take a moment and slow down. Slow down.. slow cooker style.
Slow cookers, or the crock pot if you will, are my favorite way to get some good grub in my stomach while providing minimal effort. As you know, my oven has been broken for over a week and while a few trips to Chipotle were necessary on certain days, I still strive to cook 95% of my meals in my home. The crock pot has been a life saver in that respect. From chicken tacos, to turkey chili, to these pineapple pork lettuce wraps, we’ve managed to eat well in our house without sacrificing this goal.
Once you take a bite of these slow cooker pineapple pork lettuce wraps, you’ll hope your oven breaks too so you can make them all the time. Ok, that might be a little extreme, but you’ll definitely add them to your dinner rotation for sure!
Let’s talk about the pork, first. The pork is perfection with a capital P. Slightly sweet from the pineapple, flavorful from the garlic, and a wee bit smokey from the bacon (I couldn’t leave out bacon!). I love how moist and tender the pork gets from the slow cooker and it shreds so easily and beautifully.
The pineapples also get very tender from the slow cooker, but I love to serve my lettuce wraps with a few chunks of fresh pineapple for texture, color and of course, taste. Top with some purple cabbage for a dose of color and nutrients and you, my friend, are eating well! You could also serve this pork as a taco, on a sandwich, or over some rice, but lettuce wraps are my favorite way to chow down on this delicious recipe!
**I’ve had a few people ask me what crock pot I use, so here it is! Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products/services that I use and love. I may receive a small commission from any purchases you make through that link. There will be no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting A Dash of Megnut!**
Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Lettuce Wraps
For the Pork:
- 2-3 lbs boneless pork roast
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon
- 20 oz pineapple chunks (canned - include juice from can)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 head lettuce (I like butter lettuce or boston lettuce)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (diced)
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Place bacon in the bottom of the crock pot. Then, set the pork roast on top of the bacon.
- Pour the pineapple chunks, garlic, salt and pepper over the pork. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, until the pork is tender. Spoon pineapple and juice over the pork midway through. Shred the pork with a fork, mix with the pineapples and let cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve as lettuce wraps with fresh lettuce, diced pineapple and shredded purple cabbage.