These shrimp tacos with cranberry pomegranate salsa are the ultimate gluten-free and dairy-free weeknight dinner! Only requiring a few simple ingredients, they’re on the table in under 30 minutes, too!
Whenever someone asks me what my favorite easy weeknight dinner is, I always say shrimp tacos. They’re incredibly easy to make, are on the table in under 30 minutes, and I typically have all of the ingredients on hand! Honestly, I always keep frozen shrimp in my freezer for quick meals like this since they defrost rather quickly. Frozen shrimp is super versatile and works great in tacos. Top these shrimp tacos off with some mashed avocado and a flavorful salsa, and dinner is served!
Today I’m changing up my typical shrimp taco recipe to make it deliciously winter friendly with this cranberry pomegranate salsa. As soon as the weather starts getting cooler, cranberries and pomegranate are on my radar. They both provide great texture to dishes and gorgeous color for a stunning presentation. In this recipe, I cooked down my cranberries with some water and sugar for a few minutes to help the cranberries soften up a bit. I didn’t add too much sugar since I wanted the salsa to be a little on the tart side and not so sweet. I also added some fresh jalapeno to give the salsa the little kick it needed. Since the salsa is so flavorful, I kept the shrimp simple and just cooked it in a little oil with salt and pepper.
If you like seafood and you like tacos, then you’ll definitely love these shrimp taco with cranberry pomegranate salsa. They make the best easy weeknight meal, so much that you’ll probably want to eat them all week long!
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love
- Shrimp Grain Bowl with Creamy Cashew Sauce
- Prosciutto Wrapped Pesto Shrimp
- Mango and Shrimp Cucumber Noodles
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad with Avocado Dressing
For the Cranberry Pomegranate Salsa:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 1/2 seeded jalapeno (diced (about 1-2 tablespoons))
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp lime zest (from 1/2 lime)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (from 1 small lime)
- 1/2 cup small red onion (diced (about 1/2 red onion))
For the Tacos:
- 1 lb raw shrimp (31-40 count, deveined and shelled)
- 1 tbsp oil (avocado oil or olive oil)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 10 corn tortillas (make sure your corn tortillas are gluten-free)
- 2 avocados (for serving)
- In a small sauce pan, add fresh cranberries, sugar and water and stir to combine. Heat over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, until cranberries start bursting and water is evaporated. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, combine cranberries in a bowl with pomegranate arils, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, and red onion. Stir to combine.
- To cook the shrimp, preheat a skillet with one tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, until shrimp are no longer pink and are cooked through.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave or oven so they won't rip apart. Top with avocado, cooked shrimp and cranberry pomegranate salsa. Serve with additional lime juice if you wish.