Last Updated on
This post was sponsored by Path of Life. If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, you’ll love this shrimp grain bowl with creamy cashew sauce made with Path of Life Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa and Path of Life All Natural Kale and Butternut Squash. And guess what? It’s gluten-free AND dairy-free!
Summer always seems to quickly creep up on me and then it’s a whirlwind of activities and
before I know it I’m just eating straight up pumpkin for 2 months straight. So much to do in the gorgeous weather, so many delicious summery foods to eat, and never enough time, right?
Since I tend to always be on the go during summer, I LOVE having some go-to meals that are
healthy and I can whip up quickly. Grain bowls are one of my favorite meals since I can prepare the components ahead of time and assemble as needed. I won’t lie, sometimes it does get a little tedious to prepare every single part of the bowl separately – cooking the rice or quinoa, then steaming or grilling your choice of vegetables, etc. That’s where Path of Life products come in.
This shrimp grain bowl with cashew sauce using Path of Life Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa and Path of Life All Natural Kale and Butternut Squash is extremely easy to whip up. All you have to do is microwave them in their steamer bags for the amount of time listed on the package while you’re preparing the rest of your grain bowl and lunch is served just like that!
Honestly, the most time consuming part of this recipe is the cashew sauce and that’s only
because you have to soak the cashews before blending so you can get a smooth and silky
sauce. You can soak your cashews for a few hours, but I like to soak mine in hot water for about 20-30 minutes and that does the trick! This sauce is sooo good you guys.. and definitely not to be missed! I think I actually caught my boyfriend just sneaking spoonfuls of the sauce straight out of the refrigerator. It’s that good!
You’ll love how quick and easy this shrimp grain bowl with cashew sauce using Path of Life
products is! It is destined to become your go-to recipe of the summer!
Shrimp Grain Bowl with Creamy Cashew Sauce
For the Sauce:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk you may need 1-2 additional tablespoons
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
For the Shrimp:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lb shrimp peeled and deveined (I like to leave the tail on)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 package Path of Life Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice
- 1 package Path of Life All Natural Kale and Butternut Squash
- In a bowl, add cashews and hot water. Let soak for about 30 minutes. You can also do this overnight with cool water. Drain and rinse the cashews thoroughly.
- Add the cashews, unsweetened almond milk, salt, black pepper, garlic cloves and lemon juice to a food processor or high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Add additional 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk if you want to think out your sauce a bit more. Set aside.
- Prepare packages of Path of Life Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice and Path of Life All Natural Kale and Butternut Squash according to the instructions on the bag. Set aside.
- While the Path of Life Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice and Path of Life All Natural Kale and Butternut Squash are microwaving, prepare the shrimp. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring to make sure garlic does not burn. Season raw shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- To assemble the bowl, spoon Path of Life Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice into the bowl. Add Path of Life All Natural Kale and Butternut Squash, shrimp, sliced avocado and bell pepper. Drizzle with cashew sauce.
- Serves 2.