This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco. The opinions and text are all mine. Use Jewel’s new home delivery service to make this easy pomegranate salmon with roasted acorn squash for your family tonight! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free and on the table in under an hour!
We all know that this time of the year gets crazy busy. Between holiday parties, family and friends visiting from out of town, and day-to-day activities – winter is full of fun! That means that sometimes we’re short on time in our normal routines. Luckily, my local grocery store, Jewel-Osco, has launched their Home Delivery service which means I don’t have to head to the grocery store on busy days! Jewel home delivery offers various delivery windows, 1-hour, 2-hour or 4-hour, and they even offer same day delivery. How awesome is that?
I tried out Jewel’s home delivery service the other day and was extremely happy with it! I chose a 4-hour window since I work from home so I knew I wasn’t going to be out and about during the day. My driver, Nathan, called me when he arrived with my groceries and I met him out in front of my building complex. The delivery truck was equipped with frozen and chilled compartments which kept my butter, kombucha, and juice cold! After going over my receipt with me, the driver offered to bring my groceries up to my unit! I think my favorite part was that all of my favorite products were online and I was able to see when there were deals on those products. This is awesome for people on a budget because you know before you checkout what your estimated total is. Another cool thing is that once you place an order online, you can use the Shop By History feature which lets you reorder super quickly. This is great for me because I tend to purchase the same essentials each week.
Jewel’s home delivery is great if you’re strapped for time or maybe just don’t want to go outside in this dreary Chicago weather – I definitely feel you! As you all know, I just adopted the most adorable little puppy, but since she’s only two months old, she’s a bit of a handful. I can’t leave her for long extended periods of time so I’ve found myself hunkering down at home a bit more. With my Jewel home delivery, I decided to make pomegranate salmon with roasted acorn squash – an easy yet flavorful weeknight meal that can be on the table in under an hour!
All of the ingredients for this meal were delivered with my Jewel home delivery, meaning I had a fabulous dinner on the table without ever having to leave the house! You’ll absolutely love how simple this is to throw together, too! The real star of the show is the pomegranate. We’re using both pomegranate juice and pomegranate arils in the recipe. The pomegranate glaze comes from changing up my normal gluten-free teriyaki sauce recipe, which I love. Pomegranate juice provides a slightly fruity and sweet flavor to the sauce which is not only gorgeous but delicious too! Roasted acorn squash is so simple and delicious if you haven’t tried it, but you can also use butternut squash or sweet potatoes here if you prefer. After a roast in the oven, we top it all off with pomegranate arils, salty pistachios and fresh parsley. If this dinner doesn’t scream cozy week-night winter dinner, I don’t know what does!
To celebrate the launch of their new delivery service, Jewel is offering you $25 Off + Free Delivery on your 1st order when you spend $100 or more (Promo Code: JEWEL valid on orders placed until 2/28/18) OR Free Delivery on your 1st order with $30 minimum purchase required (Promo Code: FREE valid on orders placed until 2/28/18). Time to go shopping!
Roasted Pomegranate Salmon and Acorn Squash
- 2 lbs acorn squash cut into 1/2 inch slices (about 1 medium acorn squash)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 lb wild sockeye salmon cut into 4 (4 oz) pieces
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup salted pistachios
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spread acorn squash on a baking sheet. Toss with avocado oil, salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping half way through. While the acorn squash is roasting, prepare the pomegranate glaze. Add pomegranate juice, tamari, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder to a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until it begins to boil, about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch and stir until combined. Pour cornstarch slurry into the pomegranate juice mixture and whisk to combine. Continue whisking for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Remove the acorn squash from the oven and move the squash to the outer edge of the baking sheet. Add the salmon to the middle of the baking sheet. Pour half of the pomegranate glaze over the salmon, reserving the other half for later. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through and the acorn squash is tender. Remove from the oven. Pour the remaining sauce over the salmon. Top with fresh pomegranate arils, salted pistachios and fresh parsley. Serve.
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.