Let’s Talk About Gluten-Free Oats
- Technically, conventional oats do not contain gluten but they are highly subject to contamination with gluten in the fields and in the milling, storing and packaging processes. This makes them not safe for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- Always buy certified gluten-free oats if you have celiac disease or are on a gluten-free diet. There are quite a few brands that offer gluten-free certified oats.
- Still, come people who have celiac disease or a gluten intolerance are not able to tolerate certified gluten-free oats. If you cannot tolerate oats of any kind, do not use them in this recipe. You can simply leave them out.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Vegan Raspberry Crumb Bars
- You can use frozen berries in this recipe. Let them thaw and then mix them together with the jam. You can also replace the berries with more jam if fresh berries are not available in your area or are out of season.
- If you want, you can use other berries, such as blueberries or blackberries for this recipe. Coordinate your jam or preserves with the type of berry you are using. You can also do a mixed berry version which would be delicious!
- Mix together most of the berries with the raspberry jam. This will crush the raspberries a bit which is okay, you actually want that to happen. Place a few fresh berries on top of the jam for aesthetic purposes. It makes the crumb bars so pretty!
- Do not cut into the raspberry crumb bars until they have completely cooled. You want the jam layer to be tacky to the touch so that they cut cleanly and the filling does not ooze out.
- You can swap regular butter or coconut oil for the vegan butter used in this recipe.
You May Also Like…
- Easy Gluten-Free Mini Blueberry Tarts
- Vegan Red, White and Blue Cookie Cups
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Sugar-Free Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar
Gluten-Free Vegan Raspberry Crumb Bar Recipe
Gluten Free Vegan Raspberry Crumb Bars
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) dairy-free butter* (melted)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 1 1/4 cup red raspberries
- 1/4 cup gluten-free certified oats
- In a large bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour blend, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Stir in melted dairy-free butter, vanilla extract and brown sugar.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crust for the topping. Press the remaining crust into a 9x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure your cooking spray does not contain flour which is not gluten-free.
- Mix together 1 cup of the raspberries with your raspberry jam until the berries are completely covered with the jam. Some of the berries may get crushed but that's okay.
- Carefully spread the raspberry mixture over the crust, leaving about 1/2 inch border around the sides. If you spread it all the way to the edges your bars will stick to the sides of the pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of raspberries over the jam.
- Mix the reserved 1 cup of crust with 1/4 cup of gluten-free certified oats. Sprinkle the dough over the top of the raspberry filling.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 min, until raspberry filling is bubbling and crust is a golden brown. Let sit for at least an hour, until raspberry filling sets up completely before serving. Store in the refrigerator for best results.