I could say that this peanut butter and jelly granola takes my back to my childhood, but it totally doesn’t.
As a kid, I wasn’t into the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Instead, I was a peanut butter and sugar kind of girl. Yep, you read that right. I put granulated sugar on my peanut butter sandwich. It gave it a little crunch and extra sweetness that I loved. I don’t know what it was about peanut butter and jelly together on a sandwich though. I didn’t get it. By the time you would get to school, your sandwich was soggy and I was NOT a fan of soggy bread one bit.
But, with National Peanut Butter and Jelly day coming up this Sunday, I thought it was only appropriate that I made some peanut butter and jelly granola. Ya know, for national food holiday’s sake. This peanut butter and jelly granola really tastes like the real thing (without the soggy bread). You can skip the jelly if you want, but I loved it in there. It gave me lots of ooey gooey granola clusters which is just what I love! I ate this as a snack and also with milk as a cereal. But it would also be great in a yogurt parfait or topped on some fruit.
If you’re looking for a change to your normal granola routine, look no further. This PB&J granola will bring out the kid in you!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola
Serves: 4-5 cups
- 3 cup gluten-free certified oats
- 1 cup peanuts, unsalted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup fruit jam (I used a natural sugar strawberry jam)
- ½ cup dried cranberries or strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, peanuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground flax, and salt.
- In a microwave or over the stove, melt the peanut butter. Mix with vanilla, and maple syrup. Spoon peanut butter mixture over the oats. Mix well until the oats and peanuts are completely covered.
- Place granola onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil in a single layer.
- Drizzle strawberry jam over the granola mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, mixing half way through.
- Remove from oven and stir in the dried cranberries or strawberries. Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.