Happy Holidays! I don’t celebrate Hanukkah but I can’t help but make a little something when the time rolls around. I’ve made marshmallow dreidels the past few years but every year I improve them a bit more. The first year was just plain marshmallows with pretzels and chocolate kisses. The next year I rolled the marshmallow in some chocolate, but that got really messy and chunky. This year was crushed oreos. Have you ever been to the melting pot where they have the marshmallows covered in crushed oreos and crushed graham crackers? It is absolutely to die for. That’s kind of what I was aiming for here when I made these but I didn’t worry about covering the entire marshmallow in oreo crumbs and just got little spots of it instead. These are definitely a really easy and tasty way to celebrate Hanukkah.
Oreo Marshmallow Dreidels
These Gluten Free Oreo Marshmallow Dreidels are so easy to make for Hannukah and so cute, too!
Servings: 24 servings
- 10 gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies similar to Oreos
- 1-2 cups warm water
- 24 jumbo marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 24 chocolate kisses
- 24 gluten free pretzel sticks
- Place gluten free Oreos in a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs. If you don't have a food processor, place the gluten free cookies in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Pour oreo crumbs in a shallow bowl or on a plate.
- Then, fill a small bowl with warm water.
- Dunk the marshmallows in the warm water and then place on a baking sheet. Allow the marshmallows to dry for about 20 seconds.
- Then, roll marshmallows in the gluten free chocolate cookie crumbs. The marshmallows should still be sticky and the crumbs should adhere to the marshmallows. If they don't stick you can dab the marshmallow with more water and the oreos should stick.
- Allow marshmallows to dry for awhile on the baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second increments. Stir the chocolate chips until the chocolate is completely melted.
- With a knife, take a little bit of the chocolate and basically paint a little bit of it on the flat part of the chocolate kiss.
- Then "glue" the kiss to the marshmallow. Repeat on each marshmallow.
- When the marshmallows and chocolates have dried, insert a gluten free pretzel stick on the other end of the marshmallow.
- Now you have your dreidels! Place in an air tight container for storage.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 59mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.3mg