Another month has gone by, which means we take another look at the posts shared here at A Dash of Megnut over the past month! November was a fun month full of family, friends and great food! I loved coming up with some Thanksgiving recipes for you all and of course eating them too! Those taste testings were such hard work! *wink*
November was full of all the good stuff – squash, cranberries, sweet potatoes, pears, and of course.. bacon! As the weather got cooler, the recipes got warmer with some chicken tortilla soup and spaghetti squash with meat sauce. I got my cranberry on with a cranberry jalapeño salsa and cranberry rosemary galette. And Thanksgiving leftovers never looked better than in my turkey shepherd’s pie and savory mashed potato bacon waffles! I had so much fun coming up with these recipes and can’t wait to share more with you this December. Now, let’s take a look at November “in a nutshell”(Get it? It’s punny!)
1. Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup … 2. 5-Minute Skillet Maple and Cayenne Granola … 3. Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce … 4. Cranberry Jalapeño Salsa … 5. Ginger Pear Oatmeal Smoothie … 6. 30 Recipes For A Gluten-Free Thanksgiving … 7. Sweet Potato Drop Biscuits … 8. Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Shepherd’s Pie … 9. Cranberry Rosemary Galette … 10. Savory Bacon Mashed Potato Waffles
My favorites were the 5-Minute Skillet Maple and Cayenne Granola, which totally changed my breakfast game in the mornings; the cranberry jalapeño salsa (perfect for holiday parties!); and the savory bacon mashed potato waffles… because well… bacon.. obviously! What were your favorites? I would love to hear in the comments!
My Favorite Moments of November
- I attended the BlogHer Food conference in Chicago and met THE Ree Drummond (aka The Pioneer Woman!!) – needless to say she is the biggest sweetheart and I was super star struck!
- We celebrated my parents’ 35th wedding anniversary with a family trip to Hawaii! I ate so well and had a great time basking in the sun. I also didn’t get sunburnt at all which is a miracle for me! My favorite thing I ate while I was there… this raw veggie wrap!
- Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful with my family. My mom made me a whole turkey to myself so that I wouldn’t get sick and she even made me some lemon pistachio cookies that were free from all of my allergies/intolerances! Thanks Mom!
What I’m Looking Forward to in December
- Christmas! I love the holiday season – snow, cookie exchanges, delicious food, parties and ugly sweaters – need I say more?
- Cookies, cookies and more cookies. It’s seriously going to be raining cookies around here so get ready!
- Warm and cozy soups. As the weather gets colder.. I eat more soup. It’s a proven fact.
- Each and every Lifetime and Hallmark Christmas movie. It’s only the last day of November and I’ve already watched 3 this weekend. They’re just so sappy and horribly acted that they’re amazing.
- For flavors this month, I’m thinking some more squash (acorn squash seems to be my favorite right now!), lots and LOTS of cookies, and I’m currently loving toasted coconut, so definitely be on the look out for some of that! I’m also breaking out the crockpot more this month so be ready!
Love posts like this? Check out my other in a nutshell posts!