As you all know, avocados are my favorite.. so much so that the IT department at work calls me “Avocado Lady.” As far as work nicknames go, I’ll take it. I’ve made all types of variations of guacamole including this bacon and roasted bell pepper guacamole, green apple guacamole, or even these chips and guac sugar cookies (okay, okay not really guacamole but still adorable!) However, this lazy girl guacamole is normally my go to. It’s two ingredients (maybe 3 or 4 if I’m feeling ambitious) – just avocado and green salsa. That’s seriously it! It’s perfectly creamy and spiced from all the ingredients in the green salsa. Not really traditional by any means but it does the job, and quickly! Now, before I start getting hate mail, hear me out.
I feel like this might turn out to be one of the more controversial posts on A Dash of Megnut. People get real protective over how their guacamole is made. To some, it needs to include onion, garlic, lime juice and jalapeño to qualify as guacamole. For others it’s all about the tomatoes, cilantro and additional seasonings. For me… as long as there’s avocado and some heat.. I’m calling it guacamole.
I know classic guacamole is extremely easy to make and doesn’t take a ton of time so cutting out even more steps may seem unnecessary to most, especially the guacamole purists. However, this 2-ingredient lazy girl guacamole is great for the following purposes:
- You realize you need to bring a dip to a party (maybe even a Super Bowl party?) and you’re supposed to leave in 10 minutes for said party. Boom! 2 ingredients and you’re done.
- You don’t want to bring all of the guacamole ingredients to work but still want to get your guac on. No joke, I have a jar of salsa and bag of chips at work at all times, and I bring an avocado whenever I feel the guacamole urge striking.
- It’s midnight and you’re craving guacamole. No one wants to get the cutting board in the middle of the night.
- You’re lazy. Enough said.
I guarantee this lazy girl guacamole will satisfy even the most critical of guacamole lovers. Green salsa has all of the flavors you would typically want in a guacamole so why not make it easier on yourself every now and then?
Tell me, what are your must haves in your guacamole?
Lazy Girl (or guy) Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup - 1/3 cup green salsa (start with 1/4 cup and taste as you go)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- In a bowl, mash the avocados.
- Stir in the green salsa.
- Add other ingredients if using.
- Serve with tortilla chips