Last Updated on
These baked honey lime chicken kabobs are easy to put together for a quick week night meal. You’ll love the flavor of the marinade in this gluten-free, dairy-free recipe!
It’s almost summer time! You know what that means… it’s almost time to grill! Here in Chicago, it has been nonstop rain and yucky weather for the past week, so grilling hasn’t been an option really. We recently moved to a new neighborhood in Chicago and now have access to a grill on our roof deck which will be amazing come this summer. For now, we’ll stick to baking our kabobs in the oven.
These baked honey lime chicken kabobs are so delicious and satisfying. The magic is in the marinade here. Full of sweet honey, zesty lime, fresh cilantro and a touch of salty tamari, this marinade comes together so quickly and has that perfect combination of sweet and savory.
I love the addition of fresh pineapple in this recipe because the juices combine with the marinade while cooking to add yet another level of flavor. I also just love the texture it brings to this dish. You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand, but I love using onions, peppers and zucchini here to give a nice dose of healthy veggies in this meal.
These kabobs are great for meal prep and reheating the rest of the week. Also, if you don’t have skewers you can just roast on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil for a similar effect. This recipe is great served with a side of rice or quinoa for a complete meal. No matter how you serve it, you’ll love these easy baked honey lime chicken kabobs!
More Gluten-Free Chicken Recipes
If you are looking for more gluten-free chicken recipes that the whole family will love, look no further! These Paleo Chicken Teriyaki Cauliflower Rice Bowls are a favorite around our house. They are an easy weeknight dinner or simple meal prep for delicious lunches throughout the week!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore is a a healthier version of the Italian classic made in a crock pot for an easy dinner loaded with lots of veggies. Serve over gluten-free pasta or spiralized vegetables for a gluten-free meal.
Honey Lime Chicken Kabobs Recipe
These baked honey lime chicken kabobs are simple to throw together for an easy week night meal. The marinade makes this gluten-free, dairy-free chicken dish so flavorful. Use whatever veggies you have, but zucchini, peppers and pineapple are our favorite!
Honey Lime Chicken Kabobs
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp oil olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil all work
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari sauce or soy sauce if not gluten-free
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp groud black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 lbs chicken cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini cut into coins
- 1 sweet onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pineapple slice into 1 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Soak about 10-12 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together honey, oil, lime juice, tamari, minced garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper until combined.
- Add cubed chicken and stir until chicken is completely covered with marinade. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Alternate the vegetables, pineapple and chicken on the skewer, making about 12 skewers.
- Bake in the oven for 25-33 minutes, flipping the skewers about half way through. Check to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through, with an internal temperature of at least 165F. You may need to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your chicken cubes.