Last Updated on
More Gluten-Free Oreo Recipes
- Dipped Oreo Snowmen
- Gluten Free Peppermint White Chocolate Oreos
- Gluten Free Oreo Cheesecake Truffles
- Oreo Marshmallow Dreidels
- Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies
- Oreo Pie
Gluten Free Homemade Oreos
For the cookie:
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum if your blend doesn't contain it already
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter room-temperature
- 1 large egg
For the icing:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room-temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and set oven racks to the middle of the oven.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- While mixing on low speed, add the butter and egg, and mix until the dough forms into a giant clump.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or grease well.
- Take a teaspoon of batter, and roll it into a ball with your hands. Then lightly press down on the ball to form a patty (not entirely, these will flatten out a bit in the oven).
- Place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, cream butter and shortening in a bowl.
- Then add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Keep mixing until the batter is light and fluffy.
- To assemble cookies, take a spoon and put a little glob of frosting in the middle of the cookie.
- Push down with the top cookie to make the icing cover all ends of the cookie.
- You can also use a pastry bag to pipe the frosting if you would like.
- Makes about 25-30 sandwich cookies.
Source: Recipe from Smitten Kitchen