If you know me, you know my love for guacamole runs as deep as my love for tacos. I’m seriously always ready for Taco Tuesday in my house. No Taco Tuesday is complete without guacamole though! They go hand in hand!
But… goat cheese and bacon in guacamole? Yes and Yes!
If you haven’t started putting goat cheese and bacon in your guacamole yet, you need to start! I’ve long been a fan of putting bacon in my guac, especially in my bacon and roasted bell pepper guacamole. But, goat cheese? That one I just started doing recently, and it has been a game changer in my guac!
I recently found myself with an abundance of goat cheese in my refrigerator that I needed to use up. I told my boyfriend I was going to put some goat cheese in our guacamole and he pretty much told me it was a horrible idea. Boy did I prove him wrong! One bite and he admitted defeat. And then he swiftly polished off the rest of the bowl. This pretty much tends to happen any time I make a new guacamole flavor that is a little out there (see apple guacamole for reference)
Serving Ideas for Goat Cheese Bacon Guacamole
- with gluten-free tortilla chips
- on top of breakfast tacos
- on your avocado toast
- with raw carrots, bell peppers, snap peas, and cucumber
Tips and tricks for Making Goat Cheese Bacon Guacamole
- The easiest way to mash your avocados is with a fork. It gets the job done quickly!
- Use ripe avocados. I always buy hard avocados from the grocery store that aren’t yet ripe a few days before I need them so I know I’ll have ripe avocados ready. If they ripen too quickly I place them in the refrigerator. If they aren’t ripening fast enough, I place in them a brown bag with a banana to speed up the process.
- Make ahead! Save some time if you’re planning on bringing this dip to a party by precooking your bacon (store in the refrigerator) and chopping your onions and jalapeño. When you’re ready to serve, mash your avocado and toss together with the rest of your ingredients.
- While having leftover guacamole might be considered a sin in our house, I do have you covered to store those leftovers without having the avocado turn yucky and brown. Add about 1/2 inch water on top of your guacamole in an air tight container. Cover with a lid. When you’re ready to eat, pour off the water as much as possible, stir and enjoy. Works every time!
You May Also Like…
- 10 Guacamole Recipes for Cinco de Mayo
- Mango Pomegranate Pecan Guacamole
- Baked Plantain Chips and Guacamole
- Low-Carb Tortilla Chips
Goat Cheese Bacon Guacamole Recipe
This goat cheese bacon guacamole is so creamy! A mix between a savory cheese dip and guacamole, you'll love this twist on a classic. Salty bacon pairs so well with avocado and goat cheese in this gluten-free appetizer.
- 3 large avocados
- 3 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled*
- 3 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño seeded and small diced
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
In a bowl, mash avocados with a fork, until desired consistency. I like mine chunky.
Stir in most of the bacon and goat cheese, leaving about a tablespoon of each to sprinkle on top.
Stir in red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Top with remaining bacon and goat cheese. Serve.
*Cook the bacon however you normally would. I like to cook mine on the stove top which takes about 5 minutes total. You want your bacon crispy, but not burnt.