Have you ever had one of those moments where you didn’t know that you needed something so badly until someone told you about it? And as soon as you found out, you knew it was everything you’ve ever needed (this isn’t just a want, this is a NEED – like basic essential human needs). Well I recently had one of those moments.
Cashew Macadamia Nut Butter
This cashew macadamia nut butter is a fun change up from the typical peanut butter and is super creamy. Add it to your smoothies, smear it on your sandwiches, or serve with fresh fruit! Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
- 1 1/2 cups raw or roasted cashews
- 1 1/2 cups raw or roasted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 tsp salt unless your nuts are already salted
- 1 tbsp sweetener such as maple syrup or honey (optional - I omit most of the time)
- In a high powdered food processor (or Vitamix), combine cashews and macadamia nuts. Blend until you get a fairly thin liquid. You may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor occasionally. Mix in salt and sweetener, if using.
- Store in a mason jar or other air tight container in the refrigerator.
*I used my Vitamix for this recipe and it easily took under 3 minutes to blend until I achieved a nice, thin consistency. If using a high powered food processor, it may take upwards of 25 minutes. Make sure to give your food processor a break every once in awhile so you don't burn it out. It will come together eventually, I promise!
**I don't like overly sweet things, so I do not sweeten my nut butter. You may sweeten yours depending on your tastes. I think about one tablespoon should do the trick!