Berry Avocado Spring Rolls
These berry avocado spring rolls are a fun way to eat your fruit this summer. Dipped in our honey lime sauce, you won't want to eat fruit any other way! Gluten-free and dairy-free.
For the Spring Rolls:
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cucumber cut into slices or 1 inch sticks
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey use agave or maple syrup for vegan option
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- First, you'll need to soak your rice papers. I like to work one rice paper at a time. Fill a baking pan or a wide shallow bowl with warm water. Submerge the rice paper in the warm water for 10 seconds. Remove from the water and place on a kitchen towel for 30 or so seconds until it's soft.
- Then, fill the rice paper with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, avocado and cucumber. I like to place one slice of avocado, a few of each of the berries and two pieces of cucumber for a good assortment. You'll want to place everything in a long line on the bottom 1/3 of the rice paper. Then you'll roll it like a burrito. First fold the bottom 1/3 of rice paper over the filling. Fold in the left and right sides, and then continue rolling until closed. Repeat with the remaining rice papers until you run out of filling.
- To make the sauce, whisk together honey and lime juice until thinned out and mixed well. Then sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne.
The measurements for the fruit, cucumbers and avocados are approximations. The amounts will vary depending on how many rolls you are making and how you pack them.