These berry avocado spring rolls are a fun way to eat your fruit this summer. Dipped in our honey lime sauce, you won't want to eat fruit any other way! Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Super refreshing and light, these spring rolls are filled with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cucumber and avocado for a fresh tasting appetizer, lunch of even dinner if paired right.
Michael and I enjoyed eating them while catching up on our TV shows we missed throughout the week (seriously Sunday night might be the best night of television currently – so many good shows!) I really liked how easy these were to make and how fancy I felt eating them.
Basically it was a glorified way to get fruit and avocado in my belly. Which you know is normally my priority.. how do I get avocado in my belly ASAP? Ha!
But honestly, my favorite part of these spring rolls was definitely the sauce! It’s literally so simple – just honey and fresh lime juice, but the pinch of cayenne just takes it to a whole new level!
The cayenne offsets some of the sweetness from the honey and acidity from the lime juice so it’s just really well balanced when paired with the spring rolls.
I may not be the best spring roll roller, but that’s okay, because these spring rolls were dynamite even if not perfectly rolled! I know they’ll be a staple in my house for quick no-bake snacks or lunches when we feel like eating on the lighter side.
*Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products/services that I use and love. I may receive a small commission from any purchases you make through that link. There will be no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting A Dash of Megnut!**
Berry Avocado Spring Rolls
These berry avocado spring rolls are a fun way to eat your fruit this summer. Dipped in our honey lime sauce, you won't want to eat fruit any other way! Gluten-free and dairy-free.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 12 rolls
For the Spring Rolls:
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (cut into slices or 1 inch sticks)
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey (use agave or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- First, you'll need to soak your rice papers. I like to work one rice paper at a time. Fill a baking pan or a wide shallow bowl with warm water. Submerge the rice paper in the warm water for 10 seconds. Remove from the water and place on a kitchen towel for 30 or so seconds until it's soft.
- Then, fill the rice paper with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, avocado and cucumber. I like to place one slice of avocado, a few of each of the berries and two pieces of cucumber for a good assortment. You'll want to place everything in a long line on the bottom 1/3 of the rice paper. Then you'll roll it like a burrito. First fold the bottom 1/3 of rice paper over the filling. Fold in the left and right sides, and then continue rolling until closed. Repeat with the remaining rice papers until you run out of filling.
- To make the sauce, whisk together honey and lime juice until thinned out and mixed well. Then sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne.
The measurements for the fruit, cucumbers and avocados are approximations. The amounts will vary depending on how many rolls you are making and how you pack them.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 9.4mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.9mg