Last Updated on
If you’re looking for an easy breakfast idea, try out this bacon veggie hash skillet. It’s naturally gluten free and dairy free.
Happy New Year everyone! It’s right about now that everyone flocks back to the gym and eat healthier in hopes to start their New Years’ resolutions off on the right foot, and here I am, eating bacon.
In all seriousness, I eat ridiculously healthy now that I have an absurd amount of food intolerances, but bacon is my jam, my clutch, and my rock (I’m serious when it comes to bacon). I can’t live without it.
This recipe isn’t super great for you since I have a penchant for cooking everything in bacon grease, but it’s also not horrible for you either. It could be slathered in cheese, then we’d have issues right?
Actually, if you can eat cheese, you should add it to this, it’d be amazing. Same with eggs, if I could eat eggs there would definitely be some on there. But I digress. This hash is so delicious!
Just when I thought that I would never find food that I could love again (and eat), I found this! I do try to restrict the amount of starches I consume since they turn into sugar in the body (or so I was told by my nutritionist), but I can splurge every once awhile on some potatoes.
Because potatoes make the world go ’round. Or actually, that’s probably bacon.
More Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- Dairy-Free Yogurt and Granola Breakfast Popsicles
- Baked Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl with Berries
- Blueberry Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Baked Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Bread
Bacon Veggie Hash Skillet
- 4 pieces bacon diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 3 cups frozen hash browns Ore Ida is gluten free
- 1/2 roma tomato diced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium/medium-high heat for 5 minutes or so until brown and crumbly.
- Remove from the skillet with a slotted soon and set aside. Then, add the onion and peppers into the skillet and cook in the bacon grease for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the hash browns to the skillet and mix in with the vegetables. Cook 10 minutes on each side or until browned and crispy.
- Place the crumbled bacon, tomatoes and avocado on top and serve.