Last Updated on
If you didn’t already know about my obsession with both bacon and avocados, then I’m afraid you’ve been living under a rock. I could probably make a whole section of my blog titled “Things Made With Bacon and Avocados.” So imagine my delight when I come up with recipes that contain both bacon and avocados! When I took my first bite of this guacamole, I’m pretty sure I heard the Hallelujah Chorus. It was that good!
I do have to give my sister, Amy, the credit for the roasted red bell peppers and onions in this recipe. I was telling her about my idea for bacon guacamole on one of my epicly long commutes home from work and she suggested some roasted onions and peppers to add another layer of flavor. And you all know how much I love roasting vegetables, so this idea was right up my alley!
The roasted bell peppers add this subtle smokiness and amazing sweetness to the guacamole. The bacon pairs perfectly with the bell peppers as it creates this sweet/salty combo that everyone loves so much (I mean how could you not?) Not to mention, the crunchy bacon adds some great texture! I honestly don’t think I would make bacon guacamole any other way now. This combination of flavors is so good and unexpected! If you’re looking for a fun recipe for Cinco de Mayo that is a little different than the typical guacamole recipe, then this one for you! And all you bacon lovers out there, this one is DEFINITELY for you! I hope you all love this bacon and roasted bell pepper guacamole as much as I do!
What’s your favorite Cinco de Mayo recipe? Tell me in the comments!
Bacon and Roasted Bell Pepper Guacamole
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 large yellow onion sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled (See note below)
- 3 large avocados
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss onion and bell pepper slices in olive oil and lay out on baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are soft and edges are slightly black (see picture above). Allow to cool slightly and roughly chop.
- In a bowl, mash avocados. Add roasted vegetables, cooked bacon, jalapeño, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine and serve.