These peach turkey breakfast sausage patties are a great addition for a healthy breakfast! They’re gluten-free and dairy-free, too!
If you haven’t figured it out by now… I really like making my own breakfast sausage. It’s super easy to cook, I know exactly what ingredients are going into my breakfast, and I can make up some fun flavors that you can’t find at the grocery store! Some of the most popular recipes on my blog are for my breakfast sausage recipes – like my blueberry turkey breakfast sausage, apple turkey breakfast sausage and my pork breakfast sausage patties! You guys are just loving these recipes, and there’s a good reason for that, too!
You know how when you go to the grocery store and you need 2 lbs. of ground turkey for a recipe, and then you realize that the 3 lbs. of bulk ground turkey is way cheaper than if you had bought two 1 lb. packages of ground turkey? (Did you follow that?) So then you buy the bulk package and have an extra pound you don’t know what to do with. This is it. This is what you do with your extra ground turkey! You make breakfast sausage patties. And then you look like a grocery shopping pro and a meal prep goddess in the eyes of your family, your friends, your coworkers, etc. And you all know it only took you an extra 20 minutes to whip these up. But, take that praise my friends. You earned it!
These peach turkey breakfast sausage patties are just as easy to make as my other recipes; and the peach flavor fits right in. I used fresh sage in this recipe because sage and peach together is one of my favorite things, but feel free to use dried herbs instead (reduce the amount down to 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp) or use another fresh herb with the same quantities – basil would work great here! These peach turkey breakfast sausage patties are the perfect combination of sweet and savory and make a flavor and protein packed breakfast!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ peach, diced (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, salt, pepper, cinnamon, garlic, and cayenne pepper and mix until the spices are even dispersed throughout the turkey. Then stir in the fresh sage and diced peaches until combined.
- Form into 8 to 10 patties.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat with the tablespoon of oil.
- Place patties in the skillet in two batches, cooking for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until the patties are browned on each side, the center is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165F.