Holy moly. It’s November! How in the world did that happen? This month just absolutely flew by, which is exactly why I’m happy we get to revisit it right now! These monthly summaries are quickly becoming my favorite posts. October is my favorite month of the year, and most of you can guess the main reason: my birthday! Other reasons include…. pumpkin everything, fall colors, leaves falling, cinnamon in every recipe, and the fact that it’s okay to wear tall boots with leggings again. Oh and scarves! (Love fall fashion!)
But back to the foods—October was full of pumpkin, squash, chai, and apples. All of my favorites! I had tons of fun creating these recipes and eating them many, many times and I hope you did, too! Without further ado, let’s take a gigantic look at October in a nutshell. (We’re still getting the pun right? Okay, good) Let’s see what we enjoyed the most, what we made throughout the month, and what we’re looking forward to in November. Here we go!
1. Mexican Turkey and Rice Skillet … 2. Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Milkshake … 3. Quick and Easy Beef Chili … 4. Homemade Chai Spice Mix … 5. Sausage Kale and Lentil Soup … 6. Vegan Kale Pumpkin Seed Pesto … 7. Chai Coconut Date Bites … 8. Sweet Potato, Apple and Sausage Breakfast Hash … 9. How To: Roast Spaghetti Squash … 10. Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake … 11. 20 Delicious Gluten-Free Pumpkin Recipes for Fall …
My favorites were the quick-and-easy beef chili, which I will happily eat until spring; the vegan pumpkin spice latte milkshake (perfect for those warm fall days!); and the vegan pumpkin cheesecake my boyfriend made for my birthday! What were your favorites? I would love to hear in the comments!
My Favorite Moments of October
- I made a wedding cake for my cousin Sarah! I absolutely adore how it turned out! We had such a great time celebrating a beautiful couple!
- My grandma turned 90, so we got together for a fun brunch to celebrate. I even made some mason jar cookies that said “Having a Ball Since 1925” that she loved! I think they might be my favorite sugar cookies to date. 🙂
- We teamed up with the Billion Dinners campaign to promote family dinners in the home. If you haven’t joined us in eating 10 family dinners in 2 weeks you can still join us now!
- I celebrated my 27th birthday! It was more like a week-long celebration and it was great! Thank you everyone for the kind wishes—it means so much!
- Halloween!! While we don’t get any trick-or-treaters at our apartment, Michael and I did dress up as lumberjacks! (Side note: My boyfriend always looks like a lumberjack so this was not a stretch.)
What I’m Looking Forward to in November
- I’ll be attending the BlogHer Food conference in Chicago (less than a mile away from where I live. Easy commute!) and am excited to learn some new tricks and network with other bloggers!
- Squash, squash, and more squash. I finally cleared squash in my reintroductions on my elimination diet, which means me and squash are friends again! And more squash recipes for you guys… woohooo!
- Vacation! I’m heading to Hawaii with my parents and sisters to celebrate my parents’ 35th wedding anniversary. This may be my fourth time visiting Maui, but it’s also my first time visiting since I’ve been diagnosed with celiac disease. I’m excited to explore all the gluten-free options there and
get my tan onhide under large umbrellas with my SPF 50 on!
- Thanksgiving is coming up quickly! I loveeee this holiday! Not only does it center around food (score!) but it allows us to remember what we are thankful for and share with our loved ones.
- For flavors this month, I’m thinking some more pumpkin (can’t get enough!), lots of sweet potato, and I’m currently loving ginger and pear together, so expect to see some of that, too! It’s also starting to get chilly out so get ready for an abundance of soup recipes!