Ah, my love affair with avocados continues. Sigh.
Avocado haters gonna hate! If you don’t like avocados, you probably aren’t going to like what I’m posting from now until Fall. So you might want to come back then.. Just kidding! Stay! There will be plenty of recipes for all!
But seriously, I have never met anyone who doesn’t like avocado. Have you? Do those people exist out there? Actually, I take that back. One of my friends is intolerant of avocados. So I don’t think she likes those at all. But everyone else, I swear everyone loves a good avocado.
So if you like avocados, this one’s for you. Warm weather makes me want cold, refreshing salads. This salad is no exception. The cool cucumber gives this salad a crunchy texture with a crisp, refreshing taste. And I don’t know if I’ve just been getting great tomatoes recently, but my tomatoes were so sweet, they tasted like candy. The three main flavors in this party are brought together so well with an easy olive oil and lemon dressing. I can’t even truly explain how good this cucumber tomato avocado salad is, it’s that good. It would be perfect to bring to summer gatherings, for an easy week night side, and for Mother’s Day Brunch!
- 1 medium cucumber, cubed (2 cups)
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 (10 oz.) container grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and chives and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, avocado, and tomato.
- Pour dressing over the salad mixture and gently mix until the salad is covered completely.
- Serve immediately.
- *If you do not have chives, you can try fresh parsley or cilantro for a different taste. Fresh herbs are best.
- **If you plan on making this ahead, add the avocado just before serving so it does not brown. The lemon juice should also help prevent browning.