Chocolate Almond Butter
Delicious chocolate almond butter that is gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free!
Write a review
- 4 cups raw or roasted almonds
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- liquid stevia, to taste (or agave, honey or maple syrup)
- Pour almonds into a high powered food processor (I used my Vitamix). Process until your almonds turn into a course almond meal. Scrape down the sides of the food processor and continue blending until it becomes smooth and creamy. You can occasionally scrape down the sides to make sure the blade is catching everything.
- Then, in a microwave safe bowl, melt your coconut oil in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Then stir in the cocoa powder until it becomes a nice chocolate sauce. Add in the stevia or sweetener of choice until you reach your preferred sweetness level. I used about 30 drops of liquid stevia.
- Pour your chocolate sauce into the almond butter and stir until the chocolate is fully incorporated.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed glass jar.
A Dash of Megnut http://www.adashofmegnut.com/